COBRA Accounting Specialist (Full Time)
The COBRA Accounting Specialist is responsible to process monthly insurance billing (via web, e-mail, fax and mail), audit & reconcile, and assisting with other operational responsibilities as assigned.
Responsible for working with the COBRA line of business
File analyze and reconcile carrier invoices to eligibility as they are received
Researches any discrepancies that may exist, providing documentation when necessary.
Uses good judgment to proactively identify and resolve problems before they become issues.
Management of customer billing contacts.
Researches and corrects system discrepancies.
Takes measures to ensure weekly processing of refund checks are done in a timely manner.
Looks for efficiencies to ensure a smooth process.
Ensures proper turnaround is met for all clients.
Serves as a specialty-specific resource on insurance billing and premium disbursement procedures for Cobra. Attends meetings, seminars and workshops to keep abreast of current industry-related billing changes. Prepares scheduled and ad hoc reports.
- Ensure privacy according to HIPAA
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Assist team lead and department manager with special projects
- Develop and update procedures as needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer knowledge with strengths in Microsoft Office and experience with Accounting software
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Work with others in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Meets daily deadlines consistently
- Uses good judgment proactively
- Must take initiative in jobs performance; seek solutions and answers to problems