Sales Director (Full Time)
The Sales Director is responsible for developing new relationships with consultants and brokers, generating request for proposals, reaching annual sales goals and managing his/her region. Ability to “see the big picture”, is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A full understanding of the relationship between the consultants, employers, and Sales and Marketing is required.
The ability to manage the logistics of travel throughout the country. Plan and set up own travel schedule, reservations and logistics required for meetings.
Establish and attend meetings with new and existing consultant/broker relationships to further our partnership and generate Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from these relationships.
Conduct presentations and enrollment meetings. Provide product training and demonstrations to penetrate and grow market share.
Prioritize growth opportunities.
Participate in weekly Sales and Marketing development meetings.
Track and update channel and client contacts using tracking software.
Travel 25% of the year.
- Emotional Intelligence: Must possess a high level of emotional intelligence whether on the road or in the office.
- Customer Service: Interacts with consultants in a professional manner. Takes immediate action to meet requests and needs. Has the ability to differentiate between exceptional and
good customer service delivery.
- Interpersonal / Communication: Must have strong verbal communication skills, ability to read and write effectively. Must have the ability to listen, evaluate and exercise independent judgment.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality when using sensitive materials. Ability to build effective working relationships. Expresses appreciation to others for their work. Treats others with
respect. Is a good team member. Is a role model for others in the area of professional behavior. Provides respectful and effective feedback to others.
- Organizational Skills: Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and delegate work in order to maintain an engaged workforce. Involves the team in quality initiatives.
Must be able to effectively plan projects and multi-task.
- All other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 4 year degree and 4 years sales experience
- Proven history of sales success
- Capability of being a leader
Understands the importance of working relationships with our channel and internally, all members of Discovery Benefits . Works to protect and foster these relationships.
Computer proficiency required.
Must have excellent communication skills
Must be an independent worker
Ability to travel 20 times annually
Has the ability to differentiate between exceptional and good customer service delivery.